Pages

.

Red Pepper And Potato Curry


          It was one of those days, when my daughter needed a bagged lunch, meaning either a sandwich or chappati rolls. I had run out of bread, that particular day and didn't feel like stepping out to get some, so I decided to make the rolls. I made this red pepper and potato curry, a dry one, which I spread on the cooked rotis and rolled them up. For a change, I made the curry a little different, adding some soy sauce..

Need To Have
  • Potato - 1 cup chopped
  • Red Pepper - 1 cup chopped
  • Onion - 1 large, chopped
  • Garlic - 4 cloves chopped
  • Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Soy Sauce - 2 teaspoons
  • Green Part Of Spring Onions - 1 handful

Method
           Heat oil, add the cumin seeds, followed by the onion and garlic, saute them till the onions turn transparent and the garlic gives a nice smell. Now add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt, keep sauteing till the potatoes are 3/4 th cooked. Then, add the red pepper, chilli powder and pepper powder, mix well, cover and cook for 5 mins. Finally, add the soy sauce and the spring onions, give one final mix and remove. Either serve it as such with some rotis or like I rolled them, for my daughter.

Sending it to Food Corner for the Hot & Spicy Treats event.

Note
Do not cover the potatoes till they are 3/4th cooked, you want them to be crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment