Pages

.

Vegan Banana Date Muffins

       
            Couple of days back, I had tried baking a vegan cake, but it flopped, it slightly stuck to the pan, but I was determined to try again. This time I made these muffins with bananas and dates, not only did I make them vegan but also, I didn't add any sugar and used only whole wheat flour. I was so happy and extremely satisfied with the result and couldn't wait to share it here..

Need To Have
  • Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
  • Ripe Bananas - 2 
  • Chopped Dates - 1/2 cup
  • Almond Milk - 1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons
  • Oil - 1/4 cup
  • Flax Seeds Powder - 2 tablespoons
  • Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
  • Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
  • Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon


Method
          Soak the flax seed powder in the 6 tablespoons almond milk for 10 mins. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mash the bananas into a smooth mixture and mix the chopped dates with some sifted flour and keep. After 10 mins, beat the flax seed mixture till it becomes slightly fluffy, to it add the oil, remaining 1/2 cup almond milk, cardamom powder and the bananas, mix well. Now, mix in the flour little by little, finally blend in the dates. Pour into greased muffin pans and bake at 350F for 25 mins. Serve warm as such or with some maple syrup.

Sending it to Tickling Palates for the I Love Baking event,
                to Sizzling Tastebuds for Vardhini's Bake Fest event.
                to Sara's Corner for the Women's Day Celebration event,
                to Shama's Easy2cook Recipes for Sara's Cooking With Love - Granddad Series event,
                to Vegetarian Food And Me for I'm The Star event,
                to Spicy Treats for the Show Me The Hits - Fiber Rich Foods event,
                to Ramya's Recipe for the Fruit Fiesta event and
                to Srav's Cooking Concepts for the Vegan Diet - Only Plant Based event.



Note
I got 24 mini muffins, for some reason, the muffins that I did in the muffin liners stuck to the paper, but the ones that I did directly in the pan came out clean.
The muffins were sweet enough, but if you want it more sweeter, either mix in some maple syrup to the batter or as I mentioned earlier, serve it with the maple syrup.









No comments:

Post a Comment