Pages

.

Eggless Lemon Cranberry Muffins


          It's going to be a little slow here, in my blog, since I am going to be in the US for the next one month, so not much cooking, I'll be doing some posts though, from drafts, and of course I'll be visiting other blogs whenever I get time. Coming to today's post, it's been a long time that I had made muffins, and I had these dried sweetened cranberries, that I wanted to finish up, so googled a little and came up with these eggless Lemon Cranberry Muffins. They came out very well, a little denser since I had replaced half of the flour with whole wheat flour, perfect breakfast muffins with a nice citrus flavor..

Need To Have

  • All Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
  • Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
  • Yogurt/ Curd - 1/2 cup
  • Dried Sweetened Cranberries - 1/4 cup
  • Sugar - 2 tablespoons
  • Baking Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Oil - 2 tablespoons
  • Chopped Walnuts - 1/6 cup
  • Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
  • Warm Water - 1/2 cup

Method


          Sift the flours, baking powder and baking soda. Take the oil, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, water, salt, beat it till well mixed. Dust the cranberries with little flour and keep.


          Add the sifted flour to the wet ingredients and mix. Finally mix in the walnuts and cranberries. Pour it into prepared muffin pans, bake at 180 C for 20 minutes. Cool and serve.


Note
Can replace cranberries with raisins.
Since the cranberries are sweetened I used only 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the muffins tasted perfect for us, but if you want it more sweeter, double the sugar.
Keeps good in the refrigerator for at least a week, just warm it in the microwave before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment