Pages

.

Oats Apricot Smoothie


          As I had already said, both my husband and daughter are totally against having oats in the form of a porridge, the only way they'll have it is in a upma, or camouflaged  in some dosa batter, they both don't like the slimy texture of cooked oats. Couple of weeks back, I made this smoothie with oats and apricot, is very easy to prepare and tastes really delicious, sans the sliminess of oats. My daughter had no complaints and I am happy that I could include oats in her diet in some form, try this out when you are tired of having the regular oats porridge..

Need To Have

  • Quick Cooking Oats - 3 tablespoon
  • Apricot Preserves - 4 teaspoons
  • Cold Milk - 1 cup

Method


          Powder the oats as finely as possible, then add the apricot jam or preserves and a little milk, blend it well to make a smooth paste. Now add the remaining milk and blend it one more time and serve.


Note
Can use  any jam of your choice, or even fresh fruits.
The sugar in the preserves was enough for us, if using fresh fruits, add sugar as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment